State Eligibility Test is conducted in the interest of large number of aspirants for recruitment as Assistant Professors/Lecturers through direct recruitment or by promotions in Universities and Degree Colleges in the State. Candidates can also appear for the Test in Telugu medium, wherever applicable. In 2012, UGC, New Delhi identified Osmania University as the State Agency for Andhra Pradesh to conduct the SET and later gave re-accreditation for another three consecutive years to Osmania University as a nodal agency to conduct the APSET Examination for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015.
However, in the context of State bifurcation, Osmania University sought the clarification from both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh Governments with regard to the conduct of SET-2014 and both the governments have given Osmania University their concurrence and approval for the conduct of SET2014. The University Grants Commission, New Delhi suggested that the combined result has to be prepared for the candidates of both the States i.e. Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and the cut-off marks are to be determined for both the States as a whole. The criteria to be adopted for determining the cutoff marks and declaration of results should remain the same as it was done in 2013. Further, it was suggested that SET should issue the certificates reflecting the fact that it is a common SET for both the States.
State Eligibility Test for Telangana & Andhra Pradesh States (SET-TS & AP) -2014
Applications are invited by the Osmania University from the eligible candidates to appear the State Eligibility Test for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh States-2014 to be held on 04.01.2015.
SET-TS&AP Official websites: www.settsap.org or www.osmania.ac.in
Submission of on-line applications : 10.10.2014 to 31.10.2014
With late fee of Rs.100 : 01.11.2014 to 08.11.2014
With late fee of Rs.200 : 09.11.2014 to 15.11.2014
Last Date for Submission of printed Online Application: 18-11-2014 upto 5.00 PM.
Date of SET-TS&AP Examination: 04.01.2015 (Sunday) from 9.30 AM to 4.00 PM
Eligibility Criteria to appear for SET-TS&AP:
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in the Master’s degree ( for OC & BC) and 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Physically Challenged (PH)/VH category candidates are eligible for this examination.
Age Limit: No upper age limit
Rs. 700/- for OC, Rs. 500/- for BC, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PH/VH Candidates.
SET-TS&AP Syllabus: http://www.settsap.org/set-2014-syllabus.htm
SET- Exam Centers: http://settsap.org/set-2014-examcenters.htm
How to Apply: Candidates seeking admission to the test must apply on-line through a link “ONLINE REGISTRATION” available on the AP-SET website.
The application form and Bank challan will only be available on-line on the website: http://settsap.org and www.osmania.ac.in
Apply online@ http://online.settsap.org
Submission of on-line application is mandatory. Hard copies of the application form along with the relevant certificates and paid Bank challan has to be sent to the Member Secretary, Office of SET – TS&AP, II-Floor, Block-II, PGRR Center for Distance Education, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad – 500007 (TS).
- – Click on the Register link to register for Telangana & Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2014
- – Fill in the required information and enter a password of your choice. Please note that this password and the email id entered will be used to login and complete your registration process.
- – On successful registration, login to the website using your registered email id and password.
- – Fill in the remaining details i.e. address for correspondence, educational qualification etc. and click “Submit”.
- – Click on “Generate Bank Pay-in-Slip” and print the bank challan.
- – Visit the nearest State Bank of Hyderabad branch and make the payment towards application fee.
- – Login to the website after 24hrs and update the bank payment details.
- – Upload your scanned photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format only. Please ensure that the file size for photograph and signature is not more that 50kb each.
- – Select the appropriate subject group, medium of exam and exam city to complete your registration process.
- – Take a print of your complete application form for your future reference.
For more details of subjects, scheme of test and examination centers see the Information Brochure provided in http://settsap.org, and www.osmania.ac.in
SET-TS&AP Notification 2014: http://settsap.org/SET-TS%20%26%20AP%20Notification.pdf
SET-TS&AP 2014 Broucher: http://settsap.org/INFORMATION%20BROUCHER%20-%202014.pdf
- Osmania University (OU) Degree Results 2017 through Name/ Hall ticket No
- OUCET 2015 Notification; Ld:22.05.2015|Apply online@ www.ouadmissions.com
- Koti Womens College (OUCW) Degree April-2016 Results