Railway Recruitment Cell – Southern Railway (RRC Chennai) invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of 5450 various posts (Southern Railway – 5185 Post & Integral Coach Factory ICF – 265 Posts). Candidates have to apply either online or offline (manually). Interested candidates may submit application form in prescribed format or apply online at www.rrcchennai.org.in, www.iroams.com on or before 21.10.2013.
Employment Notification No: RRC 02/ 2013
- Trackman: 1539 Posts
- Helper (Elect.): 642 Posts
- Helper (S & T): 118 Posts
- SCP / Porter: 847 Posts
- Helper (Mech.): 588 Posts
- Peon: 102 Posts
- Safaiwala: 132 Posts
- Store Khalasi: 92 Posts
- Helper (WS (M)): 757 Posts
- Helper (WS (E)): 107 Posts
- Helper (TMU): 261 Posts
- Peon /Mali/Sanitary Cleaner/Vendor/Helper Gr. II: 252 Posts
- Track Maintainer Gr. IV: 13 Posts
Total Vacancies: 5450 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5200 – 20200/-
Age Limit: 18 – 33 years as on 01.01.2014
Educational Qualifications: i) Minimum 10th Pass or ITI or equivalent ii) Candidates having higher Educational Qualification can also apply.
Selection Process: Written examination, Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Medical Examination
RRC Chennai Written exam Pattern: The question paper for the written examination shall be based on class 10th standard consisting of 100 multiple choice (four) objective type questions aimed to assess the General Knowledge/Awareness, Mathematics and Reasoning etc.
Duration: 90 minutes
Negative Marking: One third marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer, i.e. one mark shall be deducted for every 3 wrong answers.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET):
For Male: 1000metres run in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance
For Female: 400metres run in 3 minutes and 10 seconds in one chance
Application Fee: Rs.100/- (For SC / ST/ Ex-SM/ PWD/ Women/ Minorities/ EBC candidates – No Fee)
How to Apply: Candidates have to apply either online or manually. Each candidate should send only one application either online or manually.
Apply Online: All eligible candidates are required to apply online through Southern Railway Recruitment official website www.rrcchennai.org.in or IROAMS (Indian Railway Online Application Management System) website www.iroams.com on or before 21.10.2013.
Apply online for Southern Railway RRC Chennai Recruitment 2013 @ www.iroams.com
Offline Applications: The completed application in the prescribed format along with all relevant documents should reach the Assistant Personnel Officer / Recruitment , Railway Recruitment Cell, Southern Railway, No. 5, 3rd floor, Dr. P.V. Cherian Crescent Road, Egmore, Chennai- 600008 on or before 21.10.2013.
Southern Railway Recruitment 2013 – Application Form
For more details about Southern Railway – Railway Recruitment Cell RRC Chennai Recruitment 2013 refer detailed notification.
- North Western Railway (RRC Jaipur) – 917 Posts; LD: 13.01.2014 @ www.iroams.com
- Eastern Railway – 2830 Group D Posts; LD: 15.11.2013 @ www.rrcer.com
- Western Railway – 5775 Group D Posts; LD: 14.01.2014 @ www.rrc-wr.com
- West Central Railway (RRC Jabalpur) – 4517 Group D Posts; LD: 15.01.2014
- Northern Railway (RRC Delhi) – 5679 Group D Posts; LD: 10.02.2014 @ www.rrcnr.org
- East Coast Railway Recruitment- 1626 Posts; Ld: 11.11.2013@ www.rrcbbs.org.in